Hello everyone. If you're in New Hampshire then you are aware that today we had our first snow! For me, it originally felt so dreadful because my snowblower wouldn't work and I had to leave for errands in Manchester. So, sadly I had to go outside in the cold and shovel snow by hand!
I have just returned home from Manchester though and everything went well. I am here now, enjoying a delicious, warming cup of Chai Tea... it's in moments like this that I am grateful for my knowledge of Ayurvedic recipes like this chai.
As I sit here sipping my tea, I can't help but also feel excited about the upcoming day of Thanksgiving. I find myself now planning ahead in regard to which recipe I will make - I love giving in to the gourmet side of myself ;)
This year, my vegetarian turkey won't have creme because my joints have been more sensitive to dairy and so the "turkey" will instead have tahini and almond butter mixed with chestnut and mushrooms of all kinds... oh! And its served either in a pumpkin or a butternut squash! Without yoga, mindfulness and Ayurveda, I wouldn't have been aware as to why my body ached sometimes. Thank goodness for these wonderful and healing practices. :)
I'd like to share my vegetarian turkey recipe with you here now so that you can possibly enjoy it's deliciousness as well! The mushrooms and chestnuts in it have so many nutrients that are beneficial to your body, including protein! The tahini is calcium and mineral rich, and the almond butter has a sweet taste to balance out the bitter taste of the tahini. The sauce is mixed with Ayurvedic spices like curry, turmeric, paprika, cumin, coriander, and ginger, as well as fresh thyme, rosemary and oregano which help to kindle your Agni (digestive fire) and harmonize your digestive system. The whole recipe is full of vitamins, which will help your immune system during this winter period :)
If you have any questions about how to prepare it, please feel free to ask me! ~ Hannelore
Delicious Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe
* Cut the top off the pumpkin (about 1/3 of the upper part) so that it forms a bowl. Remove the insides (you can bake the seeds in the oven with a little bit of oil - feel free to add spices to it later and then enjoy them as an appetizer) and bake the pumpkin bowl in the oven between 380-400 degrees until it is soft. **** It is recommended that you oil the inside of the pumpkin with olive oil or sesame oil, as well as sprinkle some nutritional yeast inside of it. ****
* If you are using a squash, cut it in half, long ways, so that it also forms a long bowl. Scoop out the insides and bake both sides of the remaining squash in the oven, just as mentioned above regarding the pumpkin. Don't forget to add oil and nutritional yeast to the inside of the squash bowl.
In the meantime...
* Heat the Ghee first and then add and saute all of the spices and herbs in the ghee until the spices foam and you can smell them (be careful not to burn them, this requires all of your attention).
* Now add the diced onion and let them sautee in the spices. You want to saute the onions until they are covered in spices in ghee. Stir until they become golden.
* Next, add the chopped mushrooms. Stir them in until they are also covered in the ghee and the spices. Maybe chant love into your mushrooms as you cook them ❤
* Next, sprinkle some nutritional yeast onto the mixture and mix it together.
* Next, add some wine to this lovely mixture. Allow the wine to bubble up and form a sauce.
* Next, add some tahini and almond butter, stirring it in until the mixture is smooth and thick.
* Finally, once the pumpkin or squash is finished baking (it is soft but not too soft - pay attention to it), remove it from the oven and fill the bowl portion with the above mixture.
* Garnish with a branch of rosemary or parsley. ENJOY!
Just a reminder that tomorrow's workshop starts at 1:30! I have two spaces left, so if you would like to join now last minute, you still can. Simply let me know asap :) This workshop on Saturday, November 17th includes a combination of Yoga, Ayurveda, and the Science of Western Nutrition, which when combined, is so worthwhile! For this amazing workshop, I am collaborating with Maria Larkin who is also at Inner Balance as a Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist, and Functional Medicine Practitioner. For more information about this workshop, visit the previous blog. Here is the link :)
Last Workshop of the Year
I have another workshop coming up again in November! This workshop on Saturday, November 17th includes a combination of Yoga, Ayurveda, and the Science of Western Nutrition, which when combined, is so worth while! For this amazing workshop, I am collaborating with Maria Larkin who is also at Inner Balance as a registered Dietitian, Nutritionist and Functional Medicine Practitioner.
This Yoga & Nutrition for Healthy Digestion workshop includes the following:
Maria will discuss the function of the digestive system (gut) and what happens to your body when it becomes out of balance. This includes learning about the symptoms of IBS and other common ailments related to poor digestive health. I will share the Ayurveda perspective regarding the gut, as well as the bodies reaction towards its imbalance with the intention of helping you avoid ailments and/or healing them naturally.
Ayurveda offers a fine tuning of when, what, and how to eat for the different body and digestive types so, I will teach you how to improve your digestion through nutrition using the ancient practice of Ayurvedic medicine.
A portion of the workshop will include teaching you Yoga poses to support your digestive system in order to help you boost your metabolism, as well as help you to eliminate toxins. These exercises are so important to know and use during this winter period because we often have less energy and movement.
The gentle yoga poses, abdominal massage, and yoga positions will:
· Soften and relax your nervous system
· Aid in digestion of the foods you eat
· Ease constipation and regulate intestinal motility
At the end of the workshop a relaxing Yoga Nidra and a short healing meditation will help you integrate all that you've been taught.
Information regarding what we have discussed in the workshop will be provided to you as reminders and as a guide to help you achieve optimal digestive health.
I hope to see you there! Please reserve your space as soon as you can. ~ Hannelore
Other Upcoming Workshops
I wanted to take a quick second and share something with you that is dear to me.
Until recently, I had not created any art work for decades, even though I had LOVED painting and creating art during my school years and while raising my three kids!
Recently, during my collaboration with Debra Schuler in her ENSO - Workshops “Redesign Your Life”, I had the privilege of teaching the Elements of Yoga, Meditation, and Guided Imagery portions of her workshops.
I had such a great experience: One day of our six monthly training days was devoted to art work with the talented artist, Lesley Arnold. She led us through the creative painting portion and was able to pull out the best in us by supporting us in such a gentle and yet effective way! Within an hour, we had all created a beautiful painting, which we would have probably never done without her guidance!
I would love to share Lesley’s gift with you in our second offering of this workshop, which occurs on the 13th of October at Inner Balance. I promise that you will have fun and gain the confidence to create artwork with joy in your heart like I did via this amazing workshop! ~ Hannelore
I hope you enjoyed the last blog post/email and that you have had time to glance at the new website and upcoming workshops and classes! I can't wait to see you in class soon. :)
I found an error in our schedule that I posted here on the blog and on the website yesterday. The Therapeutic Class is on Thursdays not Fridays and our Workshop on October 13 "Guided Imagery & Creative Painting" will start at 9:30AM instead of 10:00AM. That will give us some more time to enjoy!
I've attached the new schedule here for you to review. I look forward to seeing you upon your yoga mats once again. Have a great morning and day today. ~ Hannelore
The Updated Schedule
Great News! :)
Hello! I wanted to reach out to all of you with some exciting news! I have a new website to share with you, which our friend Ashley & my daughter Daniela created for our community!
Since I am now teaching at two places, the Durham Community Church and Inner Balance, in Newington, we found it important to share more information.
• In order to make your sign-ups easier, I changed from "sessions" to simple class passes for three, four, eight, twelve classes with the option to pay online or with a credit card, in addition to cash and checks.
• I also wanted to give you more flexibility for attending different classes at various times. You can now use the class passes to come to either of the two locations, for any class you would like.
• More information can be found below.
If you would like to hear from me once in a while, I will be sending out news about workshops and activities, as well as seasonal information on Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy, Reiki and other Healing Tools. You can sign-up for occasional blogs below.
Please, take your time to look through the website and let me know if you have questions. I am still in the process of adding more information onto the site and learning my new way through modern technology!
I hope to hear from you soon! Much Love and Light, Hannelore
New Website - Same Great Classes :)
There is now an option for you to sign up to receive this blog in your email account. :) By signing up for these emails you will occasionally receive in your email the resources and tips you need to heal yourself with Yoga and Ayurveda, as well as:
I have decided to change the way the yoga classes work so that it is easier for everyone to come to class more often. Now you can purchase the following class passes and use them anytime within a month to three months depending on the pass. This means that if you purchase a 3 class pass (for example), you can come to any 3 classes within a months time before it expires.
Class passes expire within 1-3 months from date of activation depending on the pass.
Class passes cannot be paused aside from medical reasons (note necessary from doctor).
You can purchase passes in advance and activate them when you're ready to attend class. Class passes are non-transferable and non-refundable; however please refer to the frequently asked questions page for extenuating circumstances
Moebius Yoga & Ayurveda Accepts Credit Cards
Yay! You can not only purchase your yoga classes with cash and checks, but you can also use your debit and credit card now online and in the studio. I went ahead and added this service for you all in order to make things more convenient for everyone.
Such Lovely Students
Thank you so much for joining me in class this week. You're amazing ❤
Thank you so much for your interest in learning more about the benefits of Yoga & Ayurveda. ~ Hannelore